Innovam frequently develops new product training for workshop staff in the context of the global introduction of new models. In reality, the assignment is the same in nearly all cases:
- the development of an international Blended product training concept for mechanics and receptionists who are active in the local workshops of the brand in question
- the development of all associated participant materials and a Trainer Guide
- transfer of knowledge and materials to all local national trainers via the organisation and rollout of a ‘Train-The-Trainer’ event (TTT)
Proposed learning objectives for a training programme:
- introduction of the new vehicle-specific system characteristics and components
- introduction of the available service information, maintenance intervals and activities
- application of the correct diagnostic techniques with an eye toward efficient problem solving in the case of system failures
- knowledge of the required service literature within the brand-specific service portal
Innovam approaches each request from a Blended Learning principle and coordinates this with the intended learning objectives. In many cases, this involves the development of an e-learning module intended to cover the necessary theoretical knowledge. This online training is followed by an event lasting one or several days. Often, tools such as Augmented or Virtual Reality techniques, a webinar, instruction videos or a gamification element in the form of a quiz activity are used. The e-learning module or the webinar form the theoretical foundation, the classroom event subsequently improves the required skills with a view to the necessary technical and diagnostic skills regarding the servicing of the new product. During the rollout of the classroom training, the participant is confronted with a set of practical assignments with a clear focus on ‘personal hands-on experience’. In order to keep the participants active and engaged, various assignments are given which have to be completed as a team. Usually, prepared vehicles are used with a simulated problem, which subsequently has to be diagnosed and solved in the proper way.
The basic set of training materials is always developed in the English language and can be supplied in several additional languages. Subsequently, the package is transferred by means of a Train-The-Trainer event (TTT) to local trainers who take care of the rollout in their own market. Innovam can also provide this service itself by employing its own technical trainers or local business partners.
The blended approach employed by Innovam makes it possible to attain the intended improvement of knowledge and skills, thanks to a longer lead time whereby the ‘repetition’ element forms a powerful means to safeguard of the intended improvements sustainably. Moreover, we also earnestly believe in ‘personal experience’ and stimulating interaction with participants. This enables local dealer staff to provide an optimal service on the new product. The central development of the set of training materials in combination with the transfer based on a Train-The-Trainer event guarantees our customers a consistent image and realisation of the intended learning effect in all markets in which they operate.